Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Google

Charlie Self wrote in
:

Ah, yes. Yahoo Groups. I joined a Yahoo group about three years ago.
There was so much email, I tried to drop out, only to
discover--gasp!-- I hadn't joined. Say what? I didn't belong, anyway.
That was the upshot.

My solution, since I'd used one of my Yahoo email addresses, was to
mark all email from that group as spam. After a couple of years, I'm
now down to maybe a dozen or so emails a week, for which I get the
"improving spam filtering" message.

Long time users of Yahoo! Groups expect things like this. They happen
often enough to be expected, but not often enough to be a real hassle.
Sometimes a problem will crop up and there's nothing you can do but say
Yah-Phooey!

I do feel your pain with Wildblue. AT&T (incompentant idiots) won't let
us have DSL, but my sister's house next door does. However, one part of
AT&T believes we can get DSL so they won't let us use a dial-up account
for internet access. We've got Wildblue now, where at least downloads
don't take forever.

Ever had a day or night just too nice to get a signal? It happens every
so often here.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking