Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default NG deterioration

David R.Birch wrote:
Snag wrote:
David R.Birch wrote:
I like to cut metal. Lathes & mills &, lately LASERs.

David

Me too ! 'Cept I don't have a laser , have to settle for a mill and
lathe - both of which have been in use this weekend . From a new
shoulder bolt (from 1/2" 303SS stock) for my right side floorboard
on the Harley to major progress on the taper attachment for my lathe
I've been busy all weekend .
And I finally finished the soft jaws for my mill vise , made 'em
from some Old Chevy Head ingots I cast a couple of months ago . Even
saved the chips for melting down at a later date , like when it's
not 100 deg out in the back yard .

The Atlas 618 lathe and Benchmaster mill are in the basement, the
LASERs are at work. I also have my Atlas 12x36 at work because we
sometimes need to turn stuff and I don't have room for it downstairs.

David

I've got an 8X12 shed in the back yard with all my stuff in it . I'm using
a (Wards PowrKraft) Logan 10X31 lathe and an RF45 clone benchtop mill .
Lathe is as old as me , but the mill was brand new last summer .
--
Snag
I'm one happy