Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Power/pressure washers: GPM & PSI - are they accurate, what ismore important

On Jul 12, 7:15*am, Some Guy wrote:
ransley wrote:
What is the minumum rating (in terms of gpm and /or psi) that
make it worth while to actually buy one of these things?

I think that is the more relavent question here.

What are you washing

Today it might be one thing.

Tommorrow it might be something else. *Next year something completely
different.

Now do you see why asking "what do you want to wash" is irrelavent?

If I wanted to buy a set of wrenches, or a drill, would you be asking
"what want to assemble / disassemble?" or "what do you want to drill?".

You dont get it, its all about what you wash, if its a 10ft side walk,
or a lawnmower its one need, if its a mud caked dump truck or a 500ft
building its another. Ive used the best units and the least powerfull,
sizing a tool is whats important like I dont use my 1/2 " hammer drill
to drill a 1/16" hole, but maybe you do. On that note id rather have
more gpm than pressure for my minimal needs