Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Self Charlie Self is offline

Default Google

On Jul 10, 12:16*am, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
" wrote :

* * E) Giving a real, unadulterated, email account on a Usenet post is
more than dumb.

But every spam message I report helps make Yahoo!'s filtering better! *They
tell me so every time I select the one or two a day I've been getting. *

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Ah, yes. Yahoo Groups. I joined a Yahoo group about three years ago.
There was so much email, I tried to drop out, only to discover--gasp!--
I hadn't joined. Say what? I didn't belong, anyway. That was the
upshot.

My solution, since I'd used one of my Yahoo email addresses, was to
mark all email from that group as spam. After a couple of years, I'm
now down to maybe a dozen or so emails a week, for which I get the
"improving spam filtering" message.