Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Water meters

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 11:07:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:
Water meters are evil.

They do save water though. My sister in law had one fitted & only then
realised that both toilets were in permanent overflow 24/7 for heaven knows
how long. New ball valves fitted must save thousands of litres of water.

Yep - that's one of those things I like about being on a system with a
private well; the pump kicking on in the middle of the night makes it very
obvious when someone hasn't quite shut a tap off properly, or the toilet
cistern valve's having an off moment etc. :-)