Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walker Steve Walker is offline

Default Nuisance youths

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:09:07 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:44:03 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

I've done very similar - usually hung around far enough away to not be
accused of anything, but close enough to keep an eye on the child to
make sure nothing happens, until either a parent or a woman arrives.

What makes you think women are not perpetrators of child abuse?

It's not that women never abuse children, but the public perception is that
the incidence is much lower and therefore a woman approaching an upset
child is much less likely to be falsely accused by the parents when they
return or by others, whereas I as a man might be.

Hanging about near a distressed child might not be a good idea, some
one might jump to the wrong conclusions.

I can't just walk away completely, but I don't want to get involved either,
therefore my only option is to hang around at a distance, just keeping an
eye open to ensure that no harm comes to the child.

SteveW