Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electricity supply question (The Owl Monitor)

In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
"Syke" writes:
I intend buying an Owl Energy Monitor but I'm not sure whether my supply is
single, 2 or 3-phase. It is a semi-detached country cottage property and
there are three wires coming from the transformer pole to a central chimney
head. On the meter itself it says 1 PH 2W, and the meter has four outlets:

Left to right

1. Red wire

2. Black wire

3. Can't see colour

4. Red wire

Which one should the sensor be clipped to and will I need more than one
sensor?

If you mean it has 4 _connections_ (i.e. 2 in, 2 out), then you can clip it
around any one of these -- it won't make any difference which one you use.

and the 1 PH 2W means you have a single phase supply, so just one
sensor.

--
Andrew Gabriel