Posted to alt.home.repair
Some Guy Some Guy is offline

Default Power/pressure washers: GPM & PSI - are they accurate, what ismoreimportant

George wrote:

What is the minumum rating (in terms of gpm and /or psi) that
make it worth while to actually buy one of these things?

I think that is the more relavent question here.

Still not willing to answer that question eh?

Now do you see why asking "what do you want to wash" is
irrelavent?

If it was irrelevant why would you even need to ask?

Ask what?

I'm not the one asking "what do you want to wash?". I'm the one saying
"don't ask me that question".

How about this. I want to use it to wash my windows one day and carve
granite statuary another day. Does that help?

I'm asking if the GPM and PSI numbers (and engine HP numbers) can be
trusted from one make/model to the next.

I'm asking what are the minimum GPM, PSI and engine HP numbers that make
it worth while to buy and use these things.

If I wanted to buy a set of wrenches, or a drill, would you be
asking "what want to assemble / disassemble?" or "what do you
want to drill?".

In the case of a drill are you hanging curtains or using it in
your steel erection business?

Don't you think that if I had a "steel erection business" that I'd
probably have periodic contact with sales consultants for products that
you will never see in a Lowes or Home Depot and I would probably already
have several industrial-grade drills for us in my business?

Do you have to resort to that level of hyperbole to make an
inconsequential point?

If you have no actual experience owning / using a pressure washer, then
don't waste my time.