Posted to rec.woodworking
krw[_5_] krw[_5_] is offline

Default Google

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:07:59 -0400, Maxwell Lol
wrote:

Tim Douglass writes:

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:00:13 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

E) Giving a real, unadulterated, email account on a Usenet post is
more than dumb.

I have been using my real, valid and non-throwaway e-mail on Usenet
since about 1985. I have *never* received any appreciable amount of
spam as a result of my Usenet posts

This week, I received 9 spams addressed to email addresses I ONLY used
on USENET. 4 were send to emails I used in 2004, and 4 from addresses
I used in 2007.

One was harvested from google, because I can see the "...@" in the address.

It was worse when google was not munging email addresses.

I was getting on the order of 500 spam emails a day. Since I munged
my address slightly, it's gone way down (20-50) and many are trivial
to filter (anything with a funky character in the subject, for
example).