Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Noble[_2_] Bill Noble[_2_] is offline

Default trikes

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 06:01:19 -0700, stryped wrote:

Would it be possible to build a trike using the engine and transaxle out
of a front wheel drive car. With the radiator and everythign behine the
seat?

I have seen trikes before that did this, but the engine was backwards.
(Radiator was at the rear end of trike.) Why would this be?

I would love to build a trike but most are vw based and those engines
are becomming scarce.

Build a Morgan-style trike instead. http://thekneeslider.com/
archives/2007/03/23/1933-morgan-trike-for-sale/. They corner (I was
going to say 'better', but then I changed my mind).

And when you find a shaft-drive motorcycle that's economical to adapt and
has a nice looking engine to hang out the front of a car, let me know, eh?

--

if you want a "morgan style" trike, why not just buy an old morgan? then
you get the "really really cool" factor plus you get your trike...

I have a morgan +4 (a 4 wheeled variant), and I assure you it brings all the
misery that a true sports car should bring, while allowing you to drag your
knuckles on the ground at freeway speeds. It's the only car I've ever
driven home with a broken crank shaft - on the other hand, it's the only car
I've had that broke a crank shaft.