Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default unisaw, (new style) right tilt: blade has NO lower OR upper elevationstops? won't lower, binds at top...

Leon wrote:
I am not here to bad mouth the Unisaw, I was simply pointing out that the OP
should take a close look at the trunion as the broken trunions have been a
problem/something to watch out for in the past. I am certainly not saying
to not buy a Unisaw but if considering an older one you it would be very
wise to check the trunion.

Seem difficult to have a break to the point of mal-operation that
wouldn't be quite visible when had saw fully disassembled???

It would take more than just a hairline crack to grossly change the
geometry and my understanding of these was they basically broke in two
if subjected to drop forces in essence.

But, certainly sounds as if there's something wrong down there somewhere
so looking for stuff would be good...