Posted to uk.d-i-y
cynic cynic is offline

Default Interesting war of words gong on re part P in another discussiongroup

There is a very long thread going on but towards the (current) end
someone has posted the following comment

"Since Part P simply isn't working, why not just rescind it altogether
and save everyone - including the LABCs a lot of needlessly wasted
time and money.
Fatalities have risen and the Public Sector has become overbloated.
Meanwhile, the likes of providers of 'Continuous Professional
Development' have become richer by producing more and more dumbed down
subjects.
Why? Despite more courses being taken, and so many so-called 'wiremen'
being enlightened as to the requirements of the Wiring Regulations and
Inspection & Testing, is this so?

To make things work in this country, should not have to involve
endless layers of bureaucracy.

As Churchill once said "Give me a committee of One and I'll get things
done."

Now if only everyone else had a similar take on the mess