Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.electronics
richard richard is offline

Default can i use a 12 volt battery on a 9 volt device ?

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:33:07 GMT, "hhgggff" wrote:

My friends dad is building a Tardis for his grandson.

We have rigged up the blue flashing light using a 12 volt car battery, we
now need to sort out the sounds.

I was thinking of using an old cars cassette tape, but I have an old 9 volt
portable cassette handy.

Will it burn down the TARDIS if I use that instead ?

tafankuverymuch

Go to your local radioshack and buy a 9v voltage regulator.
12 volts in 9 volts out. Get a 5 or 3 amp fuse so the player will only
draw the amps it needs.