Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Calif Bill[_2_] Calif Bill[_2_] is offline

Default moon landing 40th anniversary coming up soon

"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Calif Bill wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb" wrote in message
m...
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Jul 10, 11:49 pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On Jul 10, 4:27 pm, "William Wixon" wrote:

july 20th 1969.
editorial article in today's paper, mentioned we're coming up on
the 40th
anniversary of the first Apollo moon landing. the guy in the
article said
he was 39 years old, i was NINE years old. i remember we all were
very
excited. there was like an Apollo fever back then. my mother
couldn't
afford to buy me plastic scale models but a neighborhood kid had a
big 'ol
scale model of the Apollo rocket. i was envious.
i remember we all were sitting around the tv that night watching
the moon
landing. probably everyone in the united states had to go outside
and look
up at the moon and say "there's a guy up there walking around".
b.w.
I consider it to be one of the biggest moments in my life.

When one considers the engineering and training that had to happen
make the moon shots possible, it was truly amazing.

It also demonstrates what this Country can do....when it wants to.

TMT
TMT

If you consider that one of the greatest moments of your life, it
explains a
lot of your posting. You do not have much of a life.
LOL...well you are entitled to your opinion.

And you just told us more about your own life than you meant us to
know.

And reinforced my opinion that I am a very lucky person to have the
life I live.

TMT
It WAS an awesome moment.
I was proud of what the country could do when it tried.
I was so excited I couldn't sit down. I drove at high speed from my job
at the Jersey shore to my parents' house to watch it, because I didn't
have a TV where I was staying. After seeing Armstrong step out, I stood
up and bounced around the house for hours.

--
Ed Huntress
yep.

I wasn't quite as enthusiastic, considering the location.
But I felt the same way inside.

I looked up and thought, "Those are two lucky sons of bitches up there!"

That is true, but it was not in the top 10 moments in life. And I love
space and science. Son in law is a rocket scientist. Actually
satellites. But my wedding day, the birth of my 2 daughters, the birth of
my granddaughter, and lots of other things rate lots higher than the moon
landing. If the landing is one of the biggest moments in your life, you
have led a very shallow existance.

Insult people if you must Bill.
But I wanted to be there instead of where I was.

Still do!

Would have been one of the best moments in my life if I had been steping on
to the moon. But watching it, was not. I would still love to go to space.
But I have always loved flying and fast cars. Raced a Corvette in the
1960's and early 70's until one of the really great moments of my live
happened and that was the birth of my first child. And is eas and fun to
insult Cliff.