Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gloves, again

Huge wrote:
On 2009-07-11, PeterC wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:04:18 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

PeterC wrote:
Looking at gloves on Screwfix's site: there's no mention of size
and I need XL at least.

yellow gripper gloves and superior riggers gloves

any experience please?

The ultimate cowhide riggers are worth the extra IME:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do?_d...timate+cowhide

Of the grippers, the yellow latex lattice over kitted material are
good for plasterboard etc, but not that comfortable I find.

These make quite a good general glove with extra grip:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/74540/...uilders-Gloves

They are quite snug on me (large hands as well), but ok for a
reasonable duration.

Thanks John, they look better.

At least they're not too expensive if too small.

If they are too small, send them back. The Distance Selling
Regulations mean you can send anything back, for any (or no) reason
as long as it's within 7 days. (There are other caveats).

You wouldn't need that with SF, they will accept anything back no question.
If you call at a depot they will take the goods out of the warehouse so you
can look at them.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk