Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Water meters

Dave wrote:
We have applied to have a water meter and have got an appointment for
an inspection.

Our water comes under a piece of tarmac that forms a shared area for
access to 5 houses and our tap is just off our property in this
shared area.
Thw water then runs undergound and comes out up what would be our
external wall, if it wasn't for the fact that we have an out building,
if that is the right way to describe it, that was built to house a
meter cupbord, a bin cuipboard and an L shaped shed that goes round
the back of the cupboards. The hose shut off valve is in this shed.

Now to my question.

Where would you think they would want to put the meter? It they wanted
to put it in the shed, they wouldn't get access to read it. They could
fit it after the external shut off valve, but I would not like to have
to pay for any water that leaks from the tap to the house shut off
valve. Even though I believe I am responsible for any leaked water

Do you think I could get them to run the supply into our meter cupboad
and then fit a meter in there?

Dave

I had one installed about 3 months ago, it's just over the stoptap where the
main exits the ground.

They read it remotely by driving past - it has bluetooth capability.

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008