Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Watson Tom Watson is offline

Default "Dusting The Screws"

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 15:01:35 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

I was affixing a brass plaque the other day and, as is my practice
when installing hardware with slotted screws, I "dusted" them.

snip

How would it be to have a Torx Triple Square pattern screw head that
only filled half the countersink depth, and then you had a decorative
slotted head with a post that fit into the Torx. The Torx Triple
Square has enough opportunities to maintain orientation while allowing
for proper torque and the decorative (it could actually be working
plug in) head would allow a traditional look.

This would be particularly nice on oval headed brass.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/