Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y

Default Wasps Nest

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:

Do wasps have any good points/uses?

Yes, they kill/eat most of the harmful garden insects.
Wasps are also pollinators of many plants.

I would never normally get rid of a wasps nest. I've done
it only a couple of times - once where a nest was a nuisance
to a neighbour who is allergic to stings, and another time
when they built one over my parents back door. We watched
it with much interest for months as it grew, but it started
dropping lots of half-dead wasps out which the cat had to
step across to get in/out of the cat flap, and at that point
it had to go.

--
Andrew Gabriel