Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jack Sprat Jack Sprat is offline

Default Fixing to plasterboard wall

Hi

We have a plasterboard wall which is hollow, then another piece of
plasterboard 2 inches behind it. We had a towel rack fitted to the wall with
rawl plugs and screws but it came lose. I decided to put it up again using
some special plasterboard fittings ( a circle of metal you screwed into the
plasterboard which had a thread in the middle to take the supplied screw.)
Needless to say it lasted a week and now I am left with big holes.

The rail needs to be fitted to the same location or the holes will be
visible and the wall is decorated with wallpaper and we have none spare. The
hole is too big for rawl plugs so I'm not sure how to proceed. I was
thinking of spraying some expandable foam into the hole and pushing in a
rawl plug, any other ideas on how I can fix the bracket would be
appreciated.

regards