Posted to uk.d-i-y
CD[_2_] CD[_2_] is offline

Default Aldi generators (again)

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:22:03 +0100, Stephen
wrote:

Did anyone ever get the 1050w version. Is it worth getting if/next
time they reappear? I wondered if the greater power output meant it
was more useful?

I have that very one, never had any bother with it, but it's not had
continuous use, in fact I've just refilled the tank for the first time
after a year. I take it down the alottment for strimming or other
tasks needing power tools. It happily ran a 1200w mitre saw for short
bursts without tripping out. I did plug a Black & Decker battery
charger in it for a while & this promptly died, maybe due to age, but
it could have been a spike in the voltage when it revs up under load.

Even if it does pack up Aldi will give you your money back within the
3 years.

CD