Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
AJH[_2_] AJH[_2_] is offline

Default O T: Spreadsheet help

On 6 July, 16:07, "the_constructor"
wrote:
Got a little problem trying to sort out a formula for a spreadsheet. Yes,
some of you may think that I should use a different group, but all the
computer groups are not as helpful as this group.

Can anyone help ?

C23 = 34

C27 = 0.6530

C31 = Total

Now the formula that I need is like this:

If (C23670) Then Let C31 = (C23*C27)

I am trying to write a spreadsheet to work out the cost of my gas bill. New
meter installed with reading of zero a couple of weeks ago.

upto 670 KWh gas is charged a 0.06530p per KWh
after that it is charged at another price. I got the after bit worked out
but beggered if I can sort the first bit.

Anyone wish to hazzard a guess at the formula ?

Kindest regards,

Jim

to be honest I think you are making things to complex. I had a similar
situation earlier in the year when I needed to monitor BG gas & elec
consumption, I did look at Excel but in the end it was dead simple to
work it out manually and if you take daily or weekly readings it's
dead easy to work out costings and you won't end up spending hours
trying to suss out formulas unless of course you have lots of time
which you need to fill.