Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Nuisance youths

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:45:57 +0100 Steve Walker wrote :
Hmmm, this seems to contradict information that I have been looking
at recently where a court ruled that although neighbours could
enforce such a covenant, it was only applicable to original owners
and was not tranferrable to subsequent owners.

It's 35 years since I did this stuff at uni, but IIRC the distinction
is between the situation where you sell off half your garden with
covenants limiting what the buyer can do and the building scheme
situation where the developer imposes identical covenants on all
buyers of homes on an estate (a 'building scheme').

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com