Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default dumb clothesline?

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:03:48 -0700 (PDT), "Ken S. Tucker"
wrote:

Wife ordered a clothesline installed.
After inspection all's well except I/we figure we need a
'clotheline elevator' something like here,
http://www.canadiantire.ca/search/se...08474396672077

The idea is she hangs clothes at hip height off a
1 foot platform, then hoists them up ~ 3 - 4'.

I'm a DIYer, so I'm also happy to build the unit,
so I'm asking for suggestions and best product
recommendations.
Ken

What you want to do is use the classic method, put the clothesline on
two pulleys at opposite ends. Then put the clothes on at the end that
is just off the floor and then pull the rope until they travel, one
piece of clothing at a time, to a place where they are 8 feet off the
ground so you can walk underneath them. Oh, yes, be sure to build
your house on a hill first.