Posted to rec.woodworking
Upscale Upscale is offline

Default Plumber's tape needed?

"Leon" wrote in message
YELLOW- Double Density- yellow double density is often labeled as "Gas
type"

Ok, I picked up a roll of the yellow tape today, but reading the
instructions on the back a little more closely, I'm not sure if I should use
it or if it's usable for my 150 psi compressor.

Here's what I got:

It's certainly yellow. The front description states "Gasline thread seal
tape".
On the back in finer print it states "Do not use on flared threads".
And then the following blurb:
"Got use in assemblies handling gasoline, petroleum oils, propane, butane
and natural gas not exceeding 100 psig".

I'm guessing that 100 psig is gallons volume, so I'm not so concerned there,
but the threads on the brass fittings *are* flared which to me means that
the circumference gets gradually larger on the male part of the fittings. I
guess I'll use it anyway since the only realistic problem I might get if
there is one is the hiss of a little air.

Thanks