Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R.Birch David R.Birch is offline

Default OT- NJ Police state

Ed Huntress wrote:

Yep it will be a cash cow for gang-bangers who plant thier crime guns on
some inocents property then turn them in for the $1000.

The bounty is for a *carried* firearm. Unless you don't notice the weight of
a handgun that someone has slipped into your back pocket while you weren't
looking, you're probably in the clear.

So carrying a pistol in your car is OK? And no one would hide a pistol
in your car and then turn you in, because it's OK?

Odd that the bounty is paid even if there is no conviction.

Should close the
books on many unsolved crimes. Sell a gun used in a murder to a dupe
then turn them in, use the money to buy a brand new gun.

See above. You have to jump through a few hoops to buy a handgun here (I've
done it six or seven times). You can't buy a handgun in a direct sale unless
you get a purchase permit first. You get fingerprinted, etc., and the serial
number of the gun is recorded.

It's a fairly airtight system. If you have a gun on you and you didn't jump
through all the hoops, it's a felony, whether it was used to kill someone or
not.

So there are no illegal guns, because those who seek to break a law
with a gun wouldn't break a law to get or carry a gun. I feel so much
safer now.

David