Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Courtney David Courtney is offline

Default trikes

I would look for a Pontiac Fiero if I was going to build one. The V-6
especially, can be dressed up and built to make decent power.
It was basically a front wheel drive drivetrain with the steering
"locked" straight and plunked in the back of the car.
I don't remember for sure, but I think the whole engine/transaxle
package came out on a sub-frame like the later Grand Prix.

"stryped" wrote in message
Would it be possible to build a trike using the engine and transaxle
out of a front wheel drive car. With the radiator and everythign
behine the seat?

I have seen trikes before that did this, but the engine was backwards.
(Radiator was at the rear end of trike.) Why would this be?

I would love to build a trike but most are vw based and those engines
are becomming scarce.