Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT Bedroom safe

Ignoramus21207 wrote:
On 2009-07-10, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Bruce L. Bergman wrote:
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:45:47 -0500, Ignoramus10294
wrote:

I would like to buy a safe for a bedroom, mostly to keep my wife's
jewelry, but possibly a handgun as well.

Two issues stand out, one is what sorts of safes are robust in the
sense that they open when commanded, and another is how to attach that
safe securely so that robbers could not simply take it with the aid of
some tools like large prybars.

Any practical thoughts on this will be appreciated.

You need two - or three (His and Hers) - seperate safes.

I say you need at least 7 safes, but 13 would be better. If you want to
not screw around, go for at least 5 safes per room, and convert one room
into a vault.

Be sure to put a safe inside the vault, in case the cleaning people sneak
in while you open the door.

That's what banks do, put safes inside vaults.

If it's good enough for an old style bank (who actually have valuables) it
should work just as good at home.