Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Nuisance youths

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:51:58 +0100, F news@nowhere had this to say:

On 09/07/2009 14:55 Stuart B wrote:

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.

They're between home and school, so why is its school's fault rather
than home's?

They spend more time at home than at school so tell the parents.

For some reason 'society' seem to think that it's up to school to fix
everything. School is for education in its widest sense, but not for
bringing children up. That's the job the parents took on when they
decided on a spot of nookey!

I agree 100%.

Sadly the parent(s) seem to have no inkling of how to be parents -
very often they're really still kids themselves.

This has been the case for probably two or three generations now. Some
would argue many more. If parents aren't capable (obviously they
aren't) of talking to and influencing their children then I suppose
that "society" must have some say in the matter.

Back on topic Many years ago my car alarm (one of those 'pendulum'
types) (Selmar?) was often being set off by a youngster from my local
school (now a comprehensive, but it was a grammar-tech when I was
there).

I literally caught the offending youngster and frogmarched him back to
the school where the deputy head remembered me and was able to deal
with the kid. Since then I had no trouble (although I did move home a
while later). No doubt that nowadays I'd be classed as a pædophile...

--
Frank Erskine