Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer Tony Bryer is offline

Default Nuisance youths

On 10 Jul 2009 12:46:23 GMT Pete wrote :
Yes, I have a similar restrictive covenant in my deeds. AFAIK and
IANAL it's up to the builder to enforce these covenants and if they
decide not to, or if the original builder no longer exists (and no-one
took over) then there's nothing except planning regulations to prevent
you from doing whatever you like. Provided yo can put up with the
"tutting" from disapproving enighbours.

IANAL either, but where covenants are placed on all owners of an estate
they are classed as a "building scheme" and any owner can take action
against any other. See http://www.wragge.com/analysis_1762.asp for
starters.

Favourite tactic of the NIMBY brigade in some areas.

--
Tony Bryer, 'Software to build on' from Greentram
www.superbeam.co.uk www.superbeam.com www.greentram.com