Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Google

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Puckdropper" wrote
One owner of a website pointed out that if you pay for service you've got
someone to complain to when (not if) something goes wrong. Sometimes
free services just cost too much.

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

This is bogus. E-S has a usenet group (motzarella.support) where you
can talk to the developers and users with any complaints, problems and
so on. You can participate as much as you want.

When Motzarella switched over to Eternal-September I got an email
several weeks before it was to happen, with instructions on exactly how
to make the switchover. When Comcast dropped Usenet on me, a service I
paid for, I got nothing, not one notice, nada.

Some people had problems making the switch, and support was instant and
thorough using the Motzarella support group. About the only way it
could be better is if your pay service provided a tech at your side when
an issue arouse, and my experience with techs has always been dismal
compared to support you get from developers and users in a group.

It's like finding out the best method, or product for a woodworking
issue. You get the best answers right here from your fellow
woodworkers. You get multiple views and multiple experiences, with no
bias from people trying to sell you stuff.

Anyway, if you guys can't get it working right, or can't believe free
can be good, don't let me stop you from spending money on free air or
free usenet.

--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org/