Posted to uk.d-i-y
nightjar nightjar is offline

Default Locking sockets or plugs?

"Harry" wrote in message
Our daughter has two sewing machines and a steam iron in a back area
of a retail shop. She's problems with the owner and staff who seem to
be using/fiddling with the equipment after hours - this morning the
iron was still plugged in and cheerfully hot!.
I've trawled but can't find anything suitable. Ideally some sort of
lockable cover for the wall sockets or the plugs themselves. I can fit
covers but not replace the sockets. I've left her a handful of cable
ties so she can double the plugs back onto the cables overnight and
then cut them off in the am but while that's cheap, obviously not too
safe either. Visions of slashed cables....
Any help/ideas appreciated, apart from suggesting speaking to the
stupid woman, it's her shop and yes, we've tried. It's complicated.
stupidly low rent, free electric, nice little business etc.Thanks.

What you are looking for are called plug lock-out devices. They are designed
to allow someone to work on a piece of electrical equipment without the risk
of someone else plugging it in while they are doing so. Essentially a box
that encloses the plug and is secured by a padlock.

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/m...es/pid/6908649

Colin Bignell