Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Git[_2_] Old Git[_2_] is offline

Default Nuisance youths

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:48:36 +0100, "John"
wrote:

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local
youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated
into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress
their mates)

I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in
such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in
shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my
local Community Police Boy.

Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet
onto my property.

Psychology. Confront them and tell them they are doing you a favour
because you suffer from sleeping sickness and their ringing the bell
wakes you up, preventing you from going into too deep a sleep. Then
offer them 50p per day to ring your bell when they pass. Keep your end
of the bargain for a couple of weeks, then complain about the
recession and tell them that unfortunately you are going to have to
cut it to 30p per day. A couple of weeks later tell them that things
have got even worse and you are now going have to drop it to 10p per
day. At that point they will refuse to "Work" for that kind of money
and no longer ring your bell.