Posted to uk.d-i-y
mick[_2_] mick[_2_] is offline

Default Nuisance youths

On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:08:34 +0100, Kaptain Kremin wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote in message
om... Snip
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/8142428.stm

Good old days?

Yep. Especially as I didn't suggest any violence although there was of
course the cane for serial offenders.

As the teacher is 49, let's assume he has been teaching for some
years and has seen his authority gradually eroded by all these left wing
do gooders to the point that he is now constantly abused and vilified by
some oik trying to prove to his peers that he is the "big I am".

Teach has finally snapped with tragic consequences. I do not for one
minute think his actions are acceptable but I also doubt they came about
without severe provocation.

Exactly what I thought. My late dad was a physics teacher at a local
school. When he started training, teaching was a respected profession.
One spoke of "doctors, lawyers, teachers & clerical men" as "professional
people". By the time he retired it had all gone to pot.

Due to all sorts of deals done between the government and the teachers
unions his pay had diminished, the kids were no longer responsive
(probably partly due to H&S removing most of the "interesting"
experiments like blowing the lid off a coffee can!) and he was completely
fed up of the whole thing and glad to be getting out.

That was several years ago. The importance of "street cred" has increased
a lot since - I doubt if he would have stayed in the job at all now. He
certainly wouldn't have even considered training for it (and neither
would I).

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info