Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
XR650L_Dave XR650L_Dave is offline

Default trikes

On Jul 10, 9:01*am, stryped wrote:
Would it be possible to build a trike using the engine and transaxle
out of a front wheel drive car. With the radiator and everythign
behine the seat?

I have seen trikes before that did this, but the engine was backwards.
(Radiator was at the rear end of trike.) Why would this be?

I would love to build a trike but most are vw based and those engines
are becomming scarce.

Perhaps the engine was not backwards (that'd be pretty tough to do
with a front-wheel-drive setup, I think, unless someone is making a
kit) but the engine was forwards, with just the radiator at the rear?

The radiator at the rear would get more airflow than just behind the
driver.

Dave