Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Douglass Tim Douglass is offline

Default Google

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 10:00:13 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

E) Giving a real, unadulterated, email account on a Usenet post is
more than dumb.

I have been using my real, valid and non-throwaway e-mail on Usenet
since about 1985. I have *never* received any appreciable amount of
spam as a result of my Usenet posts (some minor flaming in the past,
but that's OK). I did, however, make the mistake of putting a valid
e-mail on my web page so people could contact me. Within days I was
receiving dozens of message each day and now it is several hundred a
day - virtually all traceable to that posting on the web.

Usenet is pretty much not a problem to use your real e-mail. The web,
on the other hand....

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

Two Down - Two to Go!