Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Getting rid of 'water bugs'

On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 05:27:38 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I'm in Ft Worth TX and have just recently been getting what I would
call 'water bugs' (dark brown, about 3/4" long, look like BIG roaches)
in my kitchen and bathroom.

Do you have a favorite way of getting rid of these pests without
having to call an exterminator?

TIA

Lewis.

*****

Call them what they are, cockroaches. Get yourself a can of Roach
Prufe. It contains a fine blue boric acid powder. Make a "duster"
from a cotton ball and wire. Dust the powder around all the
baseboards, threashholds, crevices, etc. Clean up your
bathroom/kitchen area first.