Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The coming days......

On Jul 9, 3:21*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I made a couple of calls to Washington today to see what in the hell you're
talking about. Type 1 diabetes (or any insulin-dependent diabetes) is an
absolute disqualification for military induction now, as it was then,
whether you were drafted or volunteered.

You did not know "GIs" who had Type 1 and who were then inducted into the
service. You're full of crap, once again.

--
Ed Huntress

Sailors that wear glasses can not be assigned to duties as lookouts.
The obvious reason is that in bad weather causes the inability to see
because of the spray on the glasses. I wear glasses and wore glasses
while I was in the Navy.

And then there was the night when another sailor and I were lookouts
on the bridge during some rough weather. The bridge was 60 feet above
the water line. Never the less we took some green water that bashed
in part of the plexiglass windscreen in front of the chart room. The
other sailor got hit by the plexiglass and about a dozen gallon of
water went thru a port hole into the chart room. After that they let
us act as lookouts inside of the chartroom.

Just as well we had radar so we knew where the other ships in our
division were. You couldn't see anything. Even the next day during
daylight, you could not see the other ships in our division when we
were in a trough. The tops of their masts were 90 feet above the
water line. The biggest rolls we took were 55 degrees.

Dan