Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Getting rid of 'water bugs'

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 9, 8:27 am, " wrote:
I'm in Ft Worth TX and have just recently been getting what I would
call 'water bugs' (dark brown, about 3/4" long, look like BIG roaches)
in my kitchen and bathroom.

Do you have a favorite way of getting rid of these pests without
having to call an exterminator?

TIA

Lewis.

*****

I used to work in a pharmacy in NYC that had a damp basement. We had
water bugs that were measured in inches, not fractions of inches.

I was wearing hiking boots one day and I smashed a big one with my
heel. The cracking sound echoed across the basement.

When I lifted my foot the d*mn thing scurried away and crawled under a
pallet. Freaked me out!

I had one travel on a suitcase from Parris Island, SC, to Indiana. Must
have been a Marine recruit )