Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John Normile John Normile is offline

Default Surface grinder dust collection strategies

On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 23:07:46 -0400, GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at
PTD dot NET wrote:

How do you get the filters out of the way? I couldn't see how they
were released.

RWL
............................................... ...

It has been a number of years since I was into the dust collector, but
the hardware screen looks familiar.

I had to take them out one at a time. They go back in one at a time
also. And I do remember it was a tight fit and a pain to R&R.
John

Did yours have a sheet of hardware cloth (1/2" coarse screen) between
each of the pleats of the cloth filter? I'm suspicious that those are
an add-on by some previous owner since the ends of the wires protrude
a little and would seem as though they'd poke holes at the bottom of
the pleats over time.

RWL

I believe my machine had the wire screens.