Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default DIY via computer

"NT" wrote in message
On Jul 8, 10:46 pm, "gazz" wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message

In message
, NT
writes
On Jul 7, 10:50 pm, PeterC wrote:
Ideal tool for the geeks:

http://www.usbchainsaw.com/index.php

What could it possibly cut on just 5w?

It could prolly make a serious crease in sheet of 80gm A4

wonder if it'd be any good for trimming toe nails,

my brother will want one of these for xmas, he is hooked on collecting usb
powered stuff, got mini fridges, cup warmers, can coolers, a pizza slice
keeper warmer and so on.

to keep a pizza slice warm on 2.5w would take vacuum insulation! And
to heat one upon such power, if 1kW takes 1 minute for a slice then
2.5w might take 400 mins = about 7hrs.
-------

i never said it worked, he just loves all this crap because it usb, he loves
his computer that much,

the pizza slice keeper warmer thing is just a hot plate, same as the coke
can cooler, just long triangle shaped and the peltier is run in heat on top
mode,
but useless even if it did work, as all it'd do is keep the base warm, i'd
want the topping kept warm.. but hen again i can eat my pizza's before they
get cold, i guess his go cold as he's too busy wanking over lara croft and
forgets about the pizza.