Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

Default Plumber's tape needed?

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
I use the "gas" rated Teflon tape. It is thicker and easier to deal
with,
and it is identified by it's yellow color.

Ok, that's enough information for me. I've used Teflon tape on plumbing
joints before, so I'll pick up some of the yellow version. Just for
interest's sake, I bought the Dewalt D55141 compressor you told me about.
Haven't run it yet because I was waiting for an order of hose and fittings
to come in which just did. I'll pick up the tape this weekend and let you
know how loud this 85db compressor sounds compared to the old one that I'm
giving to a friend.

What did you use on the old one?

Do you know if the yellow version tape will do double duty on regular
plumbing fixtures? ~ not a money thing, just a convenience if it will
work.