Posted to rec.woodworking
Garagewoodworks Garagewoodworks is offline

Default Stickley Craftmanship?

I just came back from my local Stickley store here in High Point. I
like looking at their stuff for inspiration and to drool. I was
careful to inspect the joinery for gaps and noticed quite a few.
Mostly where slats meet rails. I noticed several slats that had light
shining through from the back where the slat meets the rail. Not to
pick on Stickley, but I always thought they represented top quality
craftsmanship. I think the Stickley brothers would be turning in
their graves if they saw what I saw today.

Here are a couple of pictures of a corbel in their Harvey Ellis bed.
I also noticed a few pieces where they are incorporating Greene&Greene
elements which I thought was odd. Why would Stickley need Greene and
Greene elements when they have their own style that is unique?

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/craftmanship.htm