Posted to uk.d-i-y
gazz gazz is offline

Default Fridge Temperature

"Zen83237" wrote in message
What temperature should I be getting inside a fridge. Myine is showing 15
degrees C so in the unsafe zone. It is getting on a bit so ready to be
changed I think but it does work, the chiller at the back is certainly
cold but obviously not cold enough.

i keep my motorhomes fridge between 2 and 5 degrees, have a thermoniter with
settable alarms, so it goes off if it ever reaches 7 degrees,

apparantly the best way to get an accurate temperature of a fridge is to put
a glass of water in the middle with a thermomiter in it,

i can get different readings just by the placement of my digital
thermomiters sensor, so settled for sticking it to the underside in the
middle of the centre shelf, which is glass (yes i know, bloody stupid design
of a motorhome fridge to have glass shelves in it, i'd prefer wire racks, so
the air can circulate easier.