Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default HELP: out-of-square door, weather stripping

Zz Yzx wrote in
:

'k, got my power bill for last month: $560.

Unacceptable.

I went to replace the weatherstripping on my metal entrace door. It's
the kind with a saw kerf in the jamb.

Afterwards, I still see see a big gap in the lower thrid of the door.
It's becasue the house has moved and the door jambs are not square.

Think 'simple shear': the rectangular door opening has been deformed a
bit, so there's a 1/4" gap on the lower third of the latch side.

Any ideas as to how to properly weaher strip this door?

As always, thanks a heap,

-Zz

Where are you located?
What are your electric rates?
High bill(s) for what timeframe?
What is your kWh usage during these high bills.
Do you have AC?
If so, what is the setting.
If so, how old and what is the SEER?
How many sq ft house?
How many floors in the house?
How many people?
How many children?
What kind of water heater?
Are your neighbors seeing the same thing?
Anything else that contributes.

In other words, for one place/situation it may be horrible bill and in
others an expected bill.