Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Murray Tom Murray is offline

Default friends working together in shop

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

For some reason -
and I may be wrong, but I thought a wife could not sue her husband for
this kind of thing. Then there is the matter of the insurance itself
- what kind of policy was it (I wonder...), and if they were married,
it seems odd that she was not on the policy as well, which would make
it impossible for her to sue. That though, is nothing more than a
pondering sort of question.

It is possible to sue your spouse.

My cousin broke her back in a single car accident where her husband was
driving. The insurance company refused to pay and she successfully sued
her husband, which forced the insurance company to pay. By the way, she
is still married to him.

The same thing happenned to another friend. I don't recall the details,
but she successfully sued her husband as well. He was a lawyer and
actually did all the work. He had to get a partner in the law firm to
sign the paper work, but he (or his paralegal) did all the leg work.

Sometimes you have to sue your insurance company to get them to do the
right thing.