Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default Building a mast

Upscale wrote:
"charlie" wrote in message
use it for a mandrel and make a carbon fiber tube by wrapping it around.

you
can get prepeg fiber tape for not very much. do a thick buildup in the
places where you need the attachments, but you won't need any of the
hardware that simply holds it together. you'll just need to vacuum bag it
when curing. after you're done, you should be able to lift the tube with

one
hand, it will be so light.

Norm did a show I saw where he built a mast out of sections if I remember
rightly. The op might want to look into that.

That was a flagpole if we are thinking of the same episode.

--
Froz...