Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default The coming days......

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Ed Huntress wrote:

snip

You ignorant, insulting jerk. I had a college deferment and then I
wound
up
being a Type I diabetic.

Diabetes? Big deal. I knew several GIs with type 1.

Ha ha! Michael, you're so ignorant it's amazing you've lived this
long.

You didn't know "several GIs" with Type I, unless they had one foot on
plane to come home. If they got it while they were in the service,
they
probably were sent home on a gurney.

Look up what you're talking about before opening your yap, you lying
dimwit.

You are the lying dimwit, Ed. They tolerated a lot of helth issues,
in people they needed. Obviously, they knew you weren't worth a damn.

Michael, you fool, you do NOT know "several GIs" who had Type I diabetes.
That is an automatic 4F, and there is no appeal. If you get it while in
the
service, you have, typically, a few weeks untreated (most people and even
many physicians will diagnose it as a virus until it starts getting bad)
before you go into a coma. I went blind in three weeks and was unable to
walk in four. I was slipping into a coma when I got to the hospital.
That's
typical.

No Type Is are allowed in the service, and they never have been. You may
be
able to hide Type II. With Type I, if you try to hide it, you die within
weeks or months. It's 100% insulin-dependent; daily insulin injections
are
the only treatment. There is no way to hide it nor to mitigate the
symptoms.

Get it?

I know what type I is Ed. Do you have anything else to bitch about?
Some worked in the base hospitials where they could keep their insulin
at hand, in a refigerator.

"Workers in the base hospitals"? You mean, like CIVILIAN workers? Type I
diabetics are not allowed to enlist, and they cannot be drafted. They never
could. Type 1 diabetes is an automatic disqualification.

Like I saud, If they needed your skill set
they could wave anything. What that 4F meant was that you couldn't
enlist. Nothing more.

I had 5 seperate medical 4Fs yet I served. Not that I was allowed to
enlist, rather I was drafted becasue they needed good electronics
people, and I was already trained. Can you understand that? I doubt
it.

I understand it just fine. I just don't believe it. You shot your
credibility in the foot with the business about knowing GIs who had Type 1
diabetes.

--
Ed Huntress