Posted to uk.d-i-y
jal jal is offline

Default Paint for "sealed" wood surface ..."micropore"?

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" wrote:

Stuart Noble wrote:
I think microporous was an 80s buzzword. Pile of crap IME.

Yup, we fell for that one didn't we. ****e.

(OP here): well I might have fallen for it, if the prices they were
asking didn't far outreach what I was willing to pay! :-)

Bearing in mind what Fred has said above ...

It has worked well for me but it has become more difficult to get hold
of and had been replaced in the sheds by International 10 year Exterior
Gloss which is also microporous. The finish is far more glossy than the
Ranch paint (also by International) which had a bit more of a soft sheen
which I liked.

... I might fall for that one this time around.

By the way, yes it's oil-based paint I'm talking about. After
l-o-o-o-ng experience, I decided a few years ago that Dulux
"Professional" stuff (undercoat and topcoat) is the only paint for my
particular techniques.

Thanks a lot chaps
John