Posted to free.uk.diy.home,uk.d-i-y
the_constructor[_2_] the_constructor[_2_] is offline

Default Spreadsheet help

"Nick" wrote in message
the_constructor wrote:
"Grant" wrote in message
the_constructor wrote:
Now the formula that I need is like this:

If (C23670) Then Let C31 = (C23*C27)
MIN(C23*C27,670*C27)

Using OpenOffice spreadsheet program show ERR508 for the above

OpenOffice uses semi colons not commas
=MIN(C23*C27;670*C27)

or even

=MIN(C23;670)*C27

You chaps on free.uk.diy and home.uk.d-i-y are so helpful I can not thank
you enough, the above worked champion.

Now, thinking that I had already sussed the other calculation out for KWh
above 670, I have fallen flat on my face.

C23 = 34

C27 = 0.6530

C29 = 0.03557

C31 = Total for 1st 670 KWh ( formula =MIN(C23;670)*C27 )

C32 = Total for above 670 KWh

so C32 needs to be something like: if KWh is above 670 then C23-670 multipy
by C29, but if below 670, then answer should be 0 (zero)

anyone like to sort this for me please.

I am using OpenOffice.

I have all the calculations for sorting KWh on the gas bill from the meter
readings

My thanks,

Jim