Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Over and Under

Steve Walker wrote:
On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:20:45 +0100, TheOldFellow wrote:

I'm planning to revise the home laundry, presently divided between
a Bathroom (Washing machine in a cupboard) and the Garage (Tumble Dryer
making my machines rust).

There area several feasible ways of doing this, but one that I'm
considering is to stack them. A proper stacking pair is expensive. I'm
thinking of making a shelf for the dryer over the washer ( in a
cupboard, but not in the bathroom! ). Clearly it will need to be
quite strong, but tumble dryers are not exceptionally heavy and the
joist-span will only be 700mm - both the walls and the cupboard back
will be new stud walls.

Can anyone see and 'gotchas' in this idea? Anyone done it?

R.

You can buy a plastic square for this, it just sits on the washer and the
dryer sits in it - the square just stops the dryer gradually moving and
falling off.

I used a square of polystrene foam (in a short tenure in rented accom..)
SteveW